The long range surveillance platform with cooled thermal zoom cameras.
The Aeron Searcher is the perfect solution for long range surveillance applications, providing the best performance available within a rugged pan and tilt casing of this size.
The Aeron Searcher employs DRS’ proven un-cooled high resolution 640x480 (DB), 17μm VOx thermal imaging technologies to provide man detection up to 10.9km kilometres.
As with all Aeron units, everything is fully housed within a hard anodised aluminium casing, fully rated to IP67 and ready to handle the harshest environments. The toughened, optically flat glass provides clear images, even at the highest zoom levels and can be kept clean at all times by the compact wiper unit. Optical encoders for both the pan and tilt axes provide highly accurate positioning and repeatability, allied with self- correction systems that will counteract any external interference with the moving head.
The Aeron Searcher can be mounted upright or inverted and the yoke can be offset to eliminate blindspots through a full 360 degrees of rotation. Mounting accessories are available to suit standard mounting platforms, including 4” PCD.
- HD and SD video option
- ICE - Technology to enhance contrast and features continuous digital zoom
- Industry leading 17μm thermal technology
- 3x motorized continuous thermal zoom
- Man detection up to 10.9km and vehicle detection up to 20.1km
- IP and HD-SDI option
- Simultaneous video and thermal outputs
- Optical encoders providing positional feedback
- IP67 environmental protection (IP68 option)
- 316L stainless steel option
- 640x480 thermal core
- Optically correct window with wiper
DRS’ proven thermal imaging technologies integrate with Silent Sentinel’s Harmonic Drive and optical devices. High performance and reliability in any environment.
- Aeron Searcher Datasheet
- Aeron Searcher Manual (coming soon)
Get in touch and chat with our team: +44 (0) 1920 871 734
Not quite right?
Take a look at our :
You can view and compare the whole Aeron range here.