Mid-range camera using video and fixed lens thermal cameras
The Oculus Scout is a ready to go compact surveillance system which has a range of features including the fixed lens uncooled thermal cameras, and low light HD 30:1 zoom day/night camera.
The Oculus Scout employs DRS’ proven un-cooled 320x240, 17μm VOx thermal imaging technologies.
The toughened, optically flat glass provides clear images, even at the highest zoom levels and can be kept clean at all times by the compact wiper unit.
Optical encoders for both the pan and tilt axes provide highly accurate positioning and repeatability, allied with self-correction systems that will counteract any external interference with the moving head.
The Oculus Scout can be mounted upright or inverted and the yoke can be offset to eliminate blindspots through a full 360 degrees of rotation.
Mounting accessories are available to suit standard mounting platforms, including 4” PCD.
Key Features and Benefits:
- HD or SD video option
- ICE - enhances contrasts and features continuous digital zoom
- Industry leading 17μm thermal technology
- Simultaneous video and thermal outputs
- Man detection up to 2.6km and vehicle detection up to 3.4km
- IP and HD-SDI option
- Optical encoders for accurate positioning and repeatability
- IP67 environmental protection
- Housed within a hard anodised aliminium casing and powder coated
- 316L stainless steel option
- Built-in camera lens wiper as standard
- Preset, tours and privacy masking
- Multiple mounting options
- Optional heater for reliable operation down to -40°C
DRS’ proven thermal imaging technologies integrate with Silent Sentinel’s Harmonic Drive and optical devices. High performance and reliability in any environment.
- Oculus Scout Datasheet
- Oculus Scout Manual (coming soon)
Get in touch and chat with our team: +44 (0) 1920 871 734
Not quite right?
Take a look at our :
- Medium range camera, the Oculus Ranger
You can view and compare the whole Oculus range here.