Mid-range camera using HD video and fixed lens uncooled thermal cameras
The Aeron Scout is a ready to go compact surveillance system which has a range of features including the fixed lens uncooled thermal cameras, and 30:1 HD video camera.
The Aeron Scout employs DRS’ proven un-cooled 320x240 (DB), 17μm VOx thermal imaging technologies to provide man detection up to 5.2 kilometres. All models also offer simultaneous video verification provided by a 36x zoom module or 30x HD zoom module.
Everything is fully housed within a hard anodised aluminium casing, fully rated to IP67 and ready to handle the harshest environments.
Optical encoders for both the pan and tilt axes provide highly accurate positioning and repeatability, allied with self- correction systems that will counteract any external interference with the moving head.
The Aeron Scout can be mounted upright or inverted and the yoke can be offset to eliminate blindspots through a full 360 degrees of rotation. Mounting accessories are available to suit standard mounting platforms, including 4” PCD.
- HD or SD video option
- ICE - enhances contrasts and features continuous digital zoom
- Industry leading 17μm thermal technology
- Simultaneous video and thermal outputs
- Man detection up to 5.2km and vehicle detection up to 6.7km
- IP and HD-SDI option
- Optical encoders for accurate positioning and repeatability
- IP67 environmental protection
- Housed within a hard anodised aliminium casing and powder coated
- Built-in camera lens wiper as standard
- Preset, tours and privacy masking
- Multiple mounting options
- Optional heater for reliable operation down to -40°C
DRS’ proven thermal imaging technologies integrate with Silent Sentinel’s Harmonic Drive and optical devices. High performance and reliability in any environment.
- Aeron Scout Datasheet
- Aeron Scout Manual (coming soon)
Get in touch and chat with our team: +44 (0) 1920 871 734
Not quite right?
Take a look at our :
- Medium range camera, the Aeron Ranger
You can view and compare the whole Aeron range here.